I wish that I were prettier, smarter, more clever, more graceful. I wish that my collar bone was more than a mere hint, and that my ankle wasn't perma-swollen from all of the sprains. I wish that I were more funny, quicker on the up-take, less concerned with what others think, and a little more concerned with my appearance. I wish that I knew how to manage time, charge my cell phone, gracefully admit that I'm wrong, and not procrastinate. I wish that my awkwardness would vanish when I am near a man who is too handsome for his own good. I wish that I were more patient, less presumptuous, and could leave a phone message with a duration of less than a minute. I wish that I enjoyed wakefulness more than dreaming, and exercise more than a tasty piece of cake...
...but then I would have no blushes, and no reason to hit people's shoulders when I am teased. I would be just a little less real.
...but then I would have no blushes, and no reason to hit people's shoulders when I am teased. I would be just a little less real.
No comments:
Post a Comment