2am is a dark time in London, especially in a youth hostel, tripping over shoes while trying to change your underwear in stealth. So, pack on back, I made my way to Victoria station. I slept my way through the train ride to Gatwick and sleepily checked my pack at the Easyjet counter. I made my way to security, reached into my fleece pocket for the couple of pounds I'd yet to spend, and felt...my dirty panties! I'd stuffed them in my pocket in an effort to avoid the noise of opening my pack at the hostel. I wasn't quite sure what to do. I decided to chance it, as my pack was not in sight and my purse was already on the x-ray belt. Maybe they wouldn't have me empty my pockets? Oh dear...
Soooo, my electric pink panties were escorted to the other side of the metal detector in a little bowl usually reserved for coins...they were accompanied by a security guard, and seen by some elderly ladies (heading to Rome) and a very handome young man that I ended up seated next to on the plane...they arrived, safely pocketed, in Athens midday, 5 October.
That's all for now,
--
Lindy
No comments:
Post a Comment