20 January 2011

My Darling Miss M,

Two months ago, I wrote you a letter while sitting in a restaurant in Portland.  (I was at that little Mediterranean place in whose darkened windows we gazed longingly the last time you came to visit.)  It was very entertaining, and had a smear of hummus on the envelope for effect.  It was never posted.

Do you remember that you had a birthday?  It was on the 22nd.  Well, I had a grand plan to send you a hamster made from an argyle sock and the aforementioned letter.  I made the hamster.  I got the box, and packing materials.  It was never posted.
Regardless of the fact that before now, you knew nothing of my intention to send anything: I have avoided your phone calls, and not responded to your emails.  For shame!  Irrational creature that I have been, I am amping up my courage to call you!  (Very soon.)
::squeezes::  

Lindy

No comments: